Al Rabi Tower is a great Khor Fakkan viewpoint, the starting point of the Rabi Hiking Trail, the site of a cafe where you can enjoy the view over breakfast or at any time of day and one of the best things to do in Khor Fakkan.
Disclosure: When you make a booking or purchase through links on this site, I may earn commission from partners at no extra cost to you. This helps me to build the site and bring you more great posts!
Al Rabi Tower
The tower was an important part of the defence network in Khor Fakkan, located between Al Adwani Tower and the watchtower at Al Miqsar. The various lookout posts across the town would send warnings to each other by gunshot. It was first constructed in 1915 during the reign of Sheikh Said bin Hamad Al Qassimi and has since been restored.
Al Rabi Hiking Trail
For an even better view, do the Rabi hiking trail to the top of Khor Fakkan’s highest mountain, but be sure to be well-prepared before setting off.
(See the photo with yellow arrows in the gallery showing starting and end points.)
The View Cafe and Restaurant offer fabulous views over Khor Fakkan and out to the bay. Both indoor and outdoor seating is available. They open early to late.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too.
- Sign up for the Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE Map to find nearby locations and plan my trip.
- See some of my hiking trails, walks and off-road trips on Wikiloc.
- To see my Oman trips, visit In Scotterati Footsteps.