The rock formations around Taween are quite mesmerising. Head towards Dibba on the E87. Take the turn off to Taween on the side of the road coming from Dibba.
(If you enter at 25.5307729,56.1166536, it will take you roughly to the start of the road.) You can follow the road round to take you back out onto the E87. You can also take an off road route through to Ain Al Sheria.
My Wikiloc here shows a route from a different starting point on Shohada Rd and coming out on the road shown in the photos below.
The paved road to Jebel Yibir and Ain Al Sheria is currently closed for construction.)
The rocks here are all part of the Dibba Zone and if you’re interested in geology, you can read more here.
Rock formations around Taween
What else is nearby?
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map
This post was last updated on 9 March 2023.