Al Tawyeen Heritage Village in northwest Fujairah is a nice little stop on the way to or from Dibba if you’re taking Shohada Rd. It has several small buildings of different olden styles and small play areas.
Al Tawyeen Heritage Village
One of the buildings houses a collection of artefacts and more recent items like old telephones, televisionss and radios.
Entrance is free and is from 8 to 8.
What else to do around Tawyeen
If you take the road to the right of the heritage village, you will find remains of a number of old buildings along the way.
If you have an interest in rock formations, on the other side of Shohada Rd, there are some great ones there. Click here to see more.
What else to visit nearby
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map