Falaj Al Mualla is a quiet oasis town in the Umm Al Quwain desert. The fort is nearly 200 years old and overlooks the sand dunes where more watchtowers stand higher up and offering a clear view for imminent attacks.
Falaj Al Mualla Fort
The fort itself has the traditional courtyard style with the centre now having a nice green lawn and it’s a lovely place just to sit and enjoy the surroundings and the tranquility.
It now houses a museum with sections depicting Emirati heritage and also an archaeological room with exhibits dating back to the first century AD to 6000 BC.
Falaj Al Mualla Fort Opening times: Saturday – Thursday 8am-2pm, 5pm – 8pm, Friday 5pm – 8pm
Falaj Al Mualla Entry fee: AED 5 (it’s always nice to give the caretaker a little extra though)
Be sure to find the other towers around Falaj Al Mualla.
You can read more about the museum here.
What else is near Falaj Al Mualla Museum?
- Falaj Al Mualla Park
- Umm Al Quwain Camel Race Track
- Umm Al Quwain Desert
- Soul Cafe
- Al Dhaid
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map