The House of Wisdom is a wonderful place to study, work or just read. You can’t yet borrow, but there are many comfortable places to sit with a book.
Take your pick – a desk, a comfy chair with complete privacy overlooking the Scroll Monument, an armchair, a niche in the wall, a mini bed in a cubby in the wall, all have individual lighting and USB ports.
You could also sit in the indoor or outdoor gardens. There are meeting rooms available to rent and what a lovely setting for that. There is also both a restaurant and a cafe to sit and read or meet up with fellow students or just for a lunch date.
You can find both Arabic and English books at the House of Wisdom and I found several related to my study so it’s worth looking if you’re a student. I can see I’m going to be a regular here.
House of Wisdom
(The Scroll Monument marks Sharjah being the World Book Capital 2019.)
Take me to the map.
Buy Exploring the Emirate of Sharjah – Walking and cycling tours and itineraries in the city and Central and Eastern Regions. Includes the House of Wisdom in University City Walking/Cycling Tour – buy now
Other interesting places to visit near The House of Wisdom
- Sharjah Centre for Astronomy and Space Sciences
- Islamic World Garden – instagram post
- Classic Car Museum
- Sharjah Science Museum
- Sharjah Archaeology Museum
- Sharjah Desert Park – Natural History and Botanical Museum, Islamic Gardens, Wildlife Centre
- Drive through University City – instagram post
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map