Sharjah Centre for Astronomy and Space Sciences, often referred to as Sharjah Planetarium, houses several fascinating exhibits such as lunar vehicles, the solar system and other things related to the universe and space science.
It has a lot of interactive learning areas and is suitable for all ages. The shows are really interesting and enjoyable too.
SCAAS sits in the middle of Cosmic Park. The golden dome is the sun and the planets sit around it each in their own orbit.
The observatory is in the corner of the park and is open to visitors at certain times such as during eclipses or other special events. Details are on their website.
There are regular shows in the planetarium and you can see the schedule on their website. At the moment (Oct ’22) the show area of the planetarium is under renovation for a few months but there are alternative shows in the small auditorium at 1pm daily.
Sharjah Planetarium Opening Times: Mon-Thurs 8am-4pm
Sharjah Planetarium Entry Fee: Adults AED 22, children 4-12 AED 11, under 4 free (but under 4 not allowed in the planetarium.)
Sharjah Centre for Astronomy and Space Sciences
Last updated: 19/10/22
Buy Exploring the Emirate of Sharjah – Walking and cycling tours and itineraries in the city and Central and Eastern Regions – buy now
Other fun and educational places to visit in Sharjah
- Natural History and Botanical Museum, Sharjah Desert Park
- Wasit Wetland Centre
- Classic Car Museum
- Sharjah Science Museum
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map