Sharjah Science Museum is yet another fun and educational place with many interactive learning stations where children can learn about different aspects of science such as electricity, how the body works, etc.
Sharjah Science Museum
Discover how organs such as the heart work, learn about optical illusions, test the laws of physics, identify spiders and insects or explore energy types, pretend to be a doctor looking at x-rays, see Pythagoras’ theorem in action. No matter the age of your child, there will be something of relevance and interest.
Sharjah Science Museum Interactive Stations
We’ve been many times over the years and there is always something to see in a new light depending on what has been learnt recently at school. It’s a great location to supplement school learning or homeschooling.
There are staff with a scientific background on hand (you’ll see them in white lab coats) to explain more about the topics exhibited if you wish.
They also run shows in the theatre in the mornings in either Arabic or English according to the visitors they have in at that time.
The centre also has a free small play area for younger children (up to 4) whilst older ones are looking around.
In the foyer, you can find the Science Museum Shop where you can buy science-related learning sets and toys, stationery, books, etc. There is also a cafe where you can buy drinks, cake and other snacks.
Definitely one for school holidays or weekends with children. See more ideas for school holiday activities
Sharjah Science Museum Workshops and Camps
The centre runs both Arabic and English workshops (usually around an hour) at the weekend as well as bilingual science shows every day.
Holiday camps are bilingual, take place mornings and run through the main school breaks. You do need to register so follow Sharjah Museums on social media or check their website regularly for updates. The prices are very reasonable.
If you are a home-schooler, contact the museum directly to organise activities for your homeschooling group.
Sharjah Science Museum Ticket Price
- Adults AED 10
- Children 2-12 years – AED 5
- Children under 2 – free
- Senior Citizens 60+ – free (plus one companion)
- People of Determination – free (plus one carer)
- Check the website for Sharjah Science Museum ticket prices for school and university visits
Sharjah Science Museum Opening Times
- Saturday to Thursday 8am – 8pm
- Friday 4pm – 8pm
- usually closed on public holidays
- check the website or social media for changes in Sharjah Science Museum opening timings in Ramadan and Eid
What to combine this with
- Archaeology Museum – right next door
- Photography Tour of Quran Roundabout
Buy Exploring the Emirate of Sharjah – Walking and cycling tours and itineraries in the city and Central and Eastern Regions – buy now
Disclosure: When you make a booking or purchase through links on this site, I may earn commission from partners at no extra cost to you. This helps me to build the site and bring you more great posts!
See More of Sharjah’s Many Museums
- Natural History and Botanical Museum
- Classic Cars Museum
- Heart of Sharjah
- Art Museum
- Crafts Museum, Khor Fakkan
- Museum of Islamic Civilisation
- Mahatta (Airport) Museum
- Archeology Museum
More Ideas of Places to Visit
- 5o Places to visit in the UAE
- Sharjah Art Area
- The Rain Room
- What to do In Ras al Khaimah
- What to do in Ajman
- Khor Fakkan
- Sharjah Central Region
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map
Site Updated 12 June 2022