Wander through the old traditional buildings of Sharjah Art Area housing various kinds of art exhibitions, some by international artists. Visit Bait al Shamsi, Bait Serkal, Emirates Fine Arts Society and the Art Museum. Many of the buildings date back to mid 19th century and have been restored.
For full article and more photos at our sister site Why I Love Sharjah, click here.
Sharjah Art Area
Sharjah Art Area is included in some of the walking tours and itineraries in my book, Exploring the Emirate of Sharjah – Walking and cycling tours and itineraries in the city and Central and Eastern Regions
What else is near Sharjah Art Area?
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map