Wasit Wetlands are located on the Sharjah-Ajman border and are home to over 200 species of birds as well as gazelles. There are also a number of interactive displays for children.
Please see full article here on our sister page Why I Love Sharjah.
Other EPAA Sharjah locations to visit
- Wasit Wetlands
- Kalba Bird of Prey Centre
- Kalba Mountain Conservation Centre
- Khor Kalba Mangrove Centre
- Buhais Geology Park
- Dhaid Wildlife Centre
- Sharjah Safari
EPAA Sharjah is the Environment and Protected Areas Authority in the emirate of Sharjah. There are many more protected areas, some can be visited and some not. Sharjah Safari Park is one of their exciting upcoming projects. You can learn more about EPAA Sharjah here.
Buy Exploring the Emirate of Sharjah – Walking and cycling tours and itineraries in the city and Central and Eastern Regions – buy now
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map