Rafisa Dam is a great family location with play areas, affordable kayaking, doughnut and paddle boats, a lovely walk on the other side of the dam, seating areas and a restaurant, there’s plenty to do. There is now also a hiking trail from The Walk to Suhub Rest House
Rafisa sits just outside Khor Fakkan city and you can combine this with many other things to see and do there. For ideas, see my post on Khor Fakkan here.
Disclosure: When you make a booking or purchase through links on this site, I may earn commission from partners at no extra cost to you. This helps me to build the site and bring you more great posts!
To see more of Rafisa, go here to see the full post which is currently still on my sister site Why I Love Sharjah.
Buy Exploring the Emirate of Sharjah – Walking and cycling tours and itineraries in the city and Central and Eastern Regions – buy now
What else is near Al Rafisah Dam?
- Wadi Shees including Shees Park and Old Residential Village
- Suhub Rest House
- Madha, Oman
- Traditional Crafts Museum
- Khor Fakkan
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too.
- Sign up for the Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE Map to find nearby locations and plan my trip.
- See some of my hiking trails, walks and off-road trips on Wikiloc.
- To see my Oman trips, visit In Scotterati Footsteps.