Fujairah Grand Mosque with its breathtaking architecture is the second largest in the UAE and offers free guided tours where you can explore the exquisite interior too.
It was designed by Malaysian architects in the Ottoman style and so may remind you of famous mosques you have seen in Turkey.
Its full name is Fujairah Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and as a grand mosque, it has a courtyard to accommodate larger amounts of worshippers for special prayers like at Eid and in Ramadan.
If you take the free guided tour, you will learn lots of interesting facts about the mosque. You can walk around alone but I recommend the tour. It’s better to book online to ensure you get a slot but you can just turn up. Book online here.
The mosque is open to all visitors 9am-12pm every day except Friday.
Women must be fully covered and men to the knees.
Fujairah Grand Mosque
Other places to visit nearby
- Go here to see more hidden gems in the UAE or go to Home.
- Follow on Instagram or Facebook for regular photos, tips and snippets of cultural and historical information too
- Sign up for Glimpses of the UAE Newsletter
- Follow Glimpses of UAE on WordPress.com
- Take me to the Glimpses of the UAE map